Every day we wake up is a new opportunity to grow and enjoy being alive.Think about why vacations or even time off from work or school are so amazing. It usually has to do with rest and doing whatever you want to do. Although you aren’t able to do that daily you can find small ways to find a vacation every day, be intentional, and be more mindful.
- Have an inspiring morning routine: Learn more about routines here.
- Remind yourself that each day is full of possibilities
- Get ready for the day: this even applies when you work at home
- Read 1 page of a book or an article while you use the facilities.
- Listen to music while you get ready
- During your commute try turning off the music in your transportation: I know that music is often vital, but the silence can really help you be mindful and start to listen to your inner voice.
- Get to work early or if you can schedule 30 minutes to prepare for the day before you start any meetings.
- Set 5 minutes aside to learn something new: This can be as easy as reading a National Geographic article, or a fun email like the one from inspiremore.com
- Use the good china: the good china is not just for Christmas dinner anymore, you might as well use the pretty dinner plates daily.
- Drink even simple drinks in your favorite cup: I have a favorite wine glass and I love drinking my water, smoothies, tea, and wine in it. It makes me feel like every day is a special occasion.
- Use the stuff you save for special occasions: Light that candle, drink the champagne, enjoy that treat you got yourself for a rainy day today.
- Do something that you enjoy for at least 10 minutes a day: Schedule a 10 minutes block to do something just for you.
- Schedule yourself a half day once a month from work and school to decompress and relax.
- Before you go to bed go outside and look up at the night sky, or if you are on grave yard shifts watch the sun rise.
- Wear your favorite clothes: I love my sweats just as much as the next girl, but when I wear my favorite clothes I feel better!
- Only own what you love: Get rid of all the items that no longer speak to you or ones you no longer use. Decluttering can really help you be more mindful.
- Set a timer for bed time to ensure you will get at least 7 hours of sleep
- Just Be: Take time at the end of the night before you go to bed to just be you. If meditation helps you do be more mindful you can find great free apps in the apps store.
It is important each day to enjoy the little things, because when you look back on life they don’t seem so little anymore. By taking the time to do what you enjoy doing or even just pausing for a breathe we can make a vacation in everyday life. Let me know if you try any of the items on the list and if you have any to add.